The Lady and the Unicorn.
Tracy Chevalier. 2003. HarperCollins. 292 pages.
Hi enthusiastic readers!! Today, I bring a non-well-known book but the author is a famous writer. I’m talking about Tracy Chevalier and the novel is “The Lady and the Unicorn”. As I see it, I highly recommend you this story if you enjoy romantic and historical account.
The story line revolves around the creation of six tapestries and the human lives behind. The wall hangings show the unicorn’s seduction process by a lady. The first has by name “À mon seul Dèsir” and the rest of them are related with the five human senses. There are two families connect with the making of the wall hangings: Le Viste’s and Chapelle’s family. The first one are rich people who commissions the tapis and the second are humble workers who make the commission. The character who joins two families is Nicolas des Innocents. He’s the tapestries’ designer. He will have two affairs. One of them whit Claude (Le Viste’s daughter) and the other with Aliénor (Chapelle’s daughter who is blind). The parents of them will have a lot to say about these relationships and the tapis’ manufacturing. If you want to know the end of the book you will have to read it.
I have enjoyed the lecture very much. Particularly, I have loved that each chapter was narrated by each character. In this way, I understood the feelings of each one much better. My favourite character is Nicolas des Innocentes. In my opinion he provides a lot of funny moments but I must admit that is a skirt chaser.
Thanks for reading this review and don’t miss The Lady and the Unicorn.
Anne
No comments:
Post a Comment